Sunday, June 19, 2011

Loreal Collagen moisture Filler- Day/Night Cream- 8/10

Loreal is one of the best skincare lines when it comes to "Drugstore Brands".  I absolutely love this product and I use it every day as part of my evening skincare regimen.  This product indicates that it can be used during the day but I find it a bit too heavy to wear under makeup.  When looking at the ingredient list, the fourth ingredient is shea butter which seems to be all the rave this day in age.  Shea butter serves as great emollient for skin and being as it is one of the first ingredients listed, we can be sure that a mentionable amount is included in the product.  Some may not know that ingredient lists are not a random list of what is included in a product but that they are organized by the amount of ingredient used in a product.  This means that the product contains the most of the first ingredients and the least of the last ingredients. 

There are two main reasons why i did not give this product a 10 rating.  First of all, I'm not a huge believer that Collagen can be absorbed through the top layers of the skin.  The molecules are just too large to be penetrated into the skin.  Secondly, I can still feel a slight residue on my skin in the morning, telling me that the product did not absorb completely.

All in all, for moisturizing purposes, I love this product.  Massaging a rich cream into the skin in itself stimulates collagen formation.  Despite the slight residue on my skin in the morning, I could tell a drastic difference in the condition of my skin after a month of using this product nightly.  My skin feels smoother and more supple.  I would recommend this product for those in their late 20's, 30's  and 40's or for anyone older whom is a beginner in caring for their skin.  This product is quite affordable and serves as a great starter night cream.

http://www.drugstore.com/loreal-skin-expertise-collagen-moisture-filler-daily-moisturizer-daynight-cream/qxp223048?fromsrch=loreal+collagen

L'Oreal Paris Collagen Moisture Filler Day/Night Cream, 1.7-Fluid Ounce

1 comment:

  1. This product is awesome Colby & your review is right on target. My skin as far as firmness, elasticity as well as moisture has increased so much since using this product faithfully every night for the past 6 or 7 months. I use the daytime collagen filler now that is lighter for day use & has a SPF of 15. I got both at Walmart for alittle less than $20! The creme is thick so I use it at night and just need a little bit so it lasts a long time. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete