Monday, March 21, 2011

OPI Chip Skip - The solution to chipping nail polish- 10/10


OPI is an especially well known company in the nail industry as they have amazing products.  One of my absolute favorites is their "Chip Skip".  Most people are not aware of the natural oil a nail possesses.  These oils oftentimes hinder the ability of a nail polish to adhere to the nail efficiently, thus resulting in chipping and sometimes peeling.  Chip Skip eliminates these oils just enough for the polish to adhere but not so much that the nail becomes dehydrated or brittle.  This product should be applied to clean dry nails directly before the base coat.  As you apply it, you will see it immediately absorb into your nail as it is a completely different consistency than that of a polish of lacquer.  There is no moisture so it does not require time to dry.  The price ranges but is usually under $10.00 and can be purchased at most OPI retailers as seen in the links provided below.  I use it on every client requesting a manicure or pedicure and they always seem to come back to me thrilled about how long their polish lasted.  Of course I would love to take all of the credit, but must give a good portion of the credit to OPI's Chip Skip.

*Colby*

http://www.amazon.com/OPI-ChipSkip-Nail-Lacquer-Preventor/dp/B001ARSVT4

http://www.adiscountbeauty.com/store/products/OPI-Chip-Skip.html

http://www.beautynaildiscount.com/servlet/the-2558/OPI-Chip-Skip-0.5oz/Detail

4 comments:

  1. This is great info, Colby. Not his polish is more for non-Acryloic nails, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This isn't really as much of a polish as it is an oil remover. It does not have to "dry" on the nail as it absorbs immediately, removing oils. It is designed for use on clean, dry natural nails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love O.P.I.'s......EVERYTHING! I especially love the Designer Series of nail polishes with actual diamond dust in it. I always make sure to use the corresponding base coat for whichever kind of polish I'm planning on applying. So, when I'm going to use one of O.P.I.'s Designer Series polishes, I first use "O.P.I. Natural Nail Base Coat" that has the silver cap/top that matches the tops on the Designer Series bottles. I understand what you're saying about Chip Skip not being a polish, but instead being something like an oil remover. I assume that the "Natural Nail Base Coat" must do something like that to prepare nails for the regular polish. Do you think using "Chip Skip" before the "Natural Nail Base Coat" would make the manicure last even longer, or do you think these two products would interfere with each other?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I apologize for the long delay in responding to your post! To answer your question, I feel that using Chip Skip prior to the base coat is an excellent means of extending the life of your manicure. The Chip Skip with remove all moisture while the base coat serves as a sort of glue between your nail and the polish. Hope this helps! :)

    ReplyDelete