Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Rodan+Fields Essentials Foaming Sunless Tan- $24- 9/10

As some of you may know, I am oftentimes skeptical to use products that come from a multi-level marketing type of company, but I believe I have found the exception.  I cannot speak for other Rodan+ Fields products but this one is pretty much liquid gold.  Though the days of tanning beds and lying out in the hot summer sun slathered in baby oil may be long gone, our longing to look sun-kissed will probably never fade. 

This is where Rodan+Fields Essentials Foaming Sunless Tan becomes our life saver.  Bye-bye sun and hello self-tanner!   This sunless tanner saves us from subjecting ourselves to harmful UV Rays because we are now instantly tanned without them!  Not only is the application process a breeze, it is also pumped full of antioxidants to further protect our skin from the elements!  The color develops rather quickly and I have never had any issues with it staining my clothes or any other surface.

I think the aspect of the Essentials Foaming Sunless Tan that hooked me permanently is the scent.  It has a nice citrusy aroma that is not overpowering.  It seemed every other product I was trying made me smell immediately terribly bad and it was so strong!  Don’t get me wrong, any tanning product is eventually going to make your skin produce a bit of an odor due to the chemicals (DHA) needed to turn your skin tan, but the citrus seems to offset it more than anything else I’ve tried.

As far as application goes, though it is rather easy, I do feel like adjusting to the foam takes an application or two.  The foam is white and absorbs quite quickly so it is hard to tell exactly where you are applying or how much to apply until you get the hang of it.  I would recommend actually using a little more than you think you need until you get a feel  for what amount of tan you are looking for and how much your skin absorbs.  Also, I would do one body part at a time meaning, lower leg then upper leg etc.  After I complete my application, I always wash my hands very well, dry them, and then add a little pump to the back of one hand and rub the back of my hands together.  I then will usually do my makeup or something else to allow the tanner to fully dry, usually about 10 minutes, before getting dressed.


All in all, I love this stuff and don’t foresee myself experimenting with any other self-tanner in the near future, or ever for that matter!  The before and after picture is completely unfiltered and speaks for itself.  I use twice a week and no one can even tell, except for the fact that I no longer look like Casper the ghost.  The only reason I am giving it a 9 instead of a 10 rating is because you can’t just run out the store and get it- you can only order it from a Rodan+Fields Representative.  However, there are plenty of reps out there so you shouldn’t have too much trouble obtaining your new addition to your routine.  After all, you’re never fully dressed without looking a little “sun-kissed”.  

1 comment:

  1. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete